Monday, August 30, 2010

Moongazer

Good Monday Morning!
This is a new piece I started yesterday. I call it 'MOONGAZER'.
I am loving it in black and white, so I will preserve a copy at that stage, but I can't resist adding color, so that will be the next step.
This is done in indian ink with a .005 tip.
At first she sort of looked like a mermaid, but that is not what I was going for - we'll see if color changes that.
I always Love to hear what you think -
Smiles
If you haven't checked out my GIVEAWAY, be sure to take a look and enter! Good luck

5 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

I love the black and white. It's funny we who love to doodle can create such intricacy in a black and white illustration. I'm glad your saving a black and white copy. After you suggested that to me I have thought about doing the same on future pieces. I look forward to seeing color added too(O: Beautiful drawing!!

WrightStuff said...

Ooh I'm intrigued now how she will turn out. Lots of my girls end up being mermaids when they never intended to be so. Perhaps they are trying to tell me something?

Kristin Dudish said...

Beautiful job with the india ink - I love the intricate patterns that you incorporated!

It's always a great idea to keep a b&w copy of your line drawings... Sometimes I end up with multiple endings from a single start!

I can't wait to see where your "Moongazer" takes you!

p.s. I love that Amira also creates beautiful artwork for your blog :)

Kelly said...

She is gorgeous. She does have a mermaid look to her. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

Oh this is so very beautiful! I LOVE the black and white too, and am interested in seeing her full of color - love how you are showing us the steps here, it's such great inspiration! Kristin xo