Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Sketches



Good Sunday Morning Everyone!  Sunday Sketches has been cancelled due to Sophia's father's illness.  Please be sure to head over and give her your support during this very difficult time.  She will need lots of support as this seems like it will be a long treatment and recovery for him.


This is the finished version of the gal I showed you last week - you can see I tried something different here and put a taj mahal type of building in the background.  This was a fun departure for me from just doing flowers.  I did decide to add in some flowers that were inspired by some red toille fabric I have.  I am loving the sepia ink pens I got recently at Michaels!  What do you think of her?





And this little gal is from a while ago, but I finally finished her and had the graphic company I work with scan her for me.  I am going to put her on lime green and hot pink t-shirts for my 'Smile Campaign'!  I can't wait to show you how the shirts turn out.
Share a SMILE with me ~ it’s free!


What do you think?  I just love how happy she looks among her flowering SMILES!!

I'd love to hear what is making you smile these days!

Lots of snow and warm cosy evenings are keeping a sweet smile on my face!

Hugs to you all and of course, S M I L E S




14 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Oooooh SMILES indeed! You know what made me smile? The two stars on the pole on the top illustration. There are so many details!!! I can see you creating every stipple and you must have been smiling because you transferred that smile on the drawing. I love the subtle hint of clouds and how you shaded the dome and minarets. OH uh uh!

Your SMILE lady is a cutie patootie. You know what? Her face reminds me of those Chinese paintings of smiling little children. They had blushing cheeks!

Have a wonderful week, dear Julia!

Marlene said...

Lots of smiles. Love the top one the background is just perfect. Love the flowers and the way they were shaded.

You asked how I liked the markers, they were different but I did like them and they were a fun change. To get the yellow to show up on the black was just lots of layers. We still have a little snow but it is cold and they are calling for more snow in the cascades, don't know if it will get down low enough to hit me or not.

Shayla said...

This is such a lovely "feel good" post, especially with your colorful artwork it all around brightens the day~!

Beth Niquette said...

This is beautiful! I have loved the Taj Mahal since I was a little girl--I believe I read about it when I was around seven years old in the Reader's Digest. Your elegant colors and exquisite lines make this a wonderful piece! Wow!

Fills my eyes, it does.

So...what makes me smile? There are so many things in my life for which to be thankful. So I guess thankfulness is what makes me smile. (grin)

Jenn Bower said...

I really love the departure you took on the first piece. The building gives the work a sense of place and like there is a larger story being told. The sepia looks phenomenal against the bold foreground colors.

Nicola said...

Hi there,

Wow these new pieces are both lovely, really loving that sepia pen! Love watching your work blossom, each piece steps it up a notch, lovely lovely work! :0)

lissa said...

she's lovely, perhaps she is traveling around the world? wonderful colors

sweet image for your smile campaign - I like the smiling flower. looking at your lovely creations makes me smile :)

Tammie Lee said...

Julia,
these are both so beautiful. So wonderful to see your gorgeous gals come to life and to see you step after step with products!! Much success to you!

Debbie said...

both sketches are so beautiful they really made me smile! Have a great week!

outdoor.mom said...

they are beautiful!! That first background - it reminds me of India. Is it a palace?

Kristin said...

They are beautiful! I love the idea of the T-shirts too - can't wait to see how they turn out myself ;) BEAUTIFUL new bedroom shots below too - very talented lady! xoxo

Jess said...

Lovely work! My daughter made me smile today. She sent me a photo and a text from beautiful Cornwall where it was warm(ish) and sunny today. :) x

Kristin Dudish said...

What a wonderful new direction for your already beautiful paintings! (I always share a smile with you, my friend.)

xo
Kristin

EVA said...

:)
:)
:)
:)
Smiles to you Julia!!!!

They are both great (and make me smile)!! I really like the building - you did an excellent job! I still love her eyes the most. So entrancing!

The smile campaign will be such fun!!