Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello Stranger! and sharing my lates WIP!

Hello dear Peeps ~  Soooo very sorry to have been absent so much lately!   I am missing my blogger friends so much and can't wait to find out what you have been up to :-) 
I have been away on a little trip which I will tell you all about soon! 

This sleeping beauty is loosely patterned after the incredible piece ' Sea Serpents  IV' by Gustav Klimt
which I found when searching for another piece of his that I just LOVE called 'The Kiss' !
(You can see either one of these gorgeous paintings by clicking on the links)




So of course I had to try my hand at a similar pose, but decided to make this lass much more fiery, powerful, and passionate!  I am really having a lot of fun with her and can't wait get her completed!  At the 'working till all hours of the night' stage on her, and it's tough to go to bed, let me tell you!

I really miss you all and will be stopping by to catch up on what you have been up to soon! 
Hugs and as ever
S M I L E S!


JULIA

15 comments:

Diane said...

I just love that Klimt style--she's beautiful!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful! Nice to see you back! Valerie

elena nuez said...

Julia me encanta!!!!

Marlene said...

She is so gorgeous, I am looking forward to seeing her finished. Glad you are back, now I will be absent for a week or so. Summer seems to be the time when people have so many other things to do.

Crystal said...

This is just fantastic...I can't wait to see it finished! :-)

WrightStuff said...

Totally love the way this is going!!

Ces Adorio said...

Omg! This is so gorgeous! I believe you are either near or at the summit of your art journey. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Just beautiful!!! Hope all kid well.

Julia Christie said...

Yeah!!! So glad you all like her - I am just absorbed working on her!

Smiles!

Sabina said...

This is an amazing piece. Probably my favorite yet. I love the way the flowers curve around her body.

Dear Fireflies said...

Ooooh, you sure know how to create an entrance! This is absolutely stunning, and yes, I can definitely see how Klimt has inspired you in your last pieces...particularly this one!

Can't wait to see it finished! :)

EVA said...

Fabulous Julia!!

Looking forward to seeing more. Gorgeous!

Tammie Lee said...

it is so wonderful to see what you have been creating. this is sensuous, soft and firey and oh so beautiful! lovely weekend to you!

Rebecca Anthony said...

I too am a huge fan of Gustav Klimt!! This is really coming out so beautifully!!

Jg. for FatScribe said...

very nice. love klimt,and must admit really like this print as well!! btw, meant to tell you how much i enjoyed your posting some of your sister's work previous ... good stuff! thank you, btw, for the (always) gracious comments you threw my way over at the ole porkster. too kind, my friend.

;)

Chris said...

Wow Julia your sleeping beauty is beautiful... such wonderful colours. Can't wait to see the fininshed piece.
have a fab weekend
hugs
Chris xx